Monday 29 May 2017

Fondant Guitar Cake Topper


This cake topper deserves a blog post of it's own, even though it's due to adorn a cake shortly.

It's a simple piece, all-be-it rather fiddly due to its small size.


I purchased a cutter and simply copied off one of the recipient's own guitars from his collection. The two cocktail sticks you can see in the main image will be used to affix this to the cake so it will stand up.

I used a 50/50 mix of white modelling fondant and standard fondant. The additional decoration, that have been to overlay details, is made from all modelling fondant.

As the neck of the guitar was so unstable, before I decorated it, I had to insert an internal stabiliser. This was a blunted cocktail stick because this was the smallest stabilising item I could think of.

All I can do now is wait to bake the cake and hope it works as well as planned.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most important pieces of information. I enjoyed reading your article. Thanks so much! Check out this profile about this topic cps click test. A click speed test calculates your click speed. It takes about 100 seconds. I greatly enjoyed reading this article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...