Thursday 3 August 2017

Chocolate Cupcakes


I used 75% of my chocolate sponge recipe to make these deliciously looking and aromatic chocolate cupcakes.

For the buttercream, I used 1.5 of my recipe here, which manages to cover the 12.

The were all eventually given a generous dusting of gold glitter.

Half were topped of with some chocolate fondant flowers and some shop made chocolate sprinkles.


Then the other half was topped with milk chocolate drops, the ones you buy for things like chocolate chip cookies and sponges.  They are then given a generous topping of shavings from a bar of milk chocolate. I used a vegetable peeler.


I would suggest that, to make chocolate shaving like I have, that you chill then bar of chocolate then leave it to come up to room temperature before shaving.  As you turn the bar around to access the other edge, it will warm up in your hands and shave just perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...