Thursday 21 December 2017

Father Christmas Sculpted Christmas Cake


This absolutely amazing ten inch Rich Fruit Cake had no cake topper prepared until after it had been decorated! I knew what I wanted to do, but work on the topper after the cake was covered in ivory fondant it was going to be!

Do you remember those PJ Masks 2D Character Faces I made earlier this year? Well, that's a variation of the exact same process. But instead of modelling the pieces flat, they were shaped, loosely, before adding to the cake then textured and finely shaped whilst in the cake.

The white "fur" was textured using a ball tool and painted in edible pearl paint whilst the hair was textured using a Dresden tool and "gliterized" with edible glitter. The eyes were shaped and some fine detail was added with an edible pen.

The rope effect edge was used, my favourite new silicone mould at the moment, an ivory "Merry Christmas" printed ribbon and a Christmassy holly and berries decoration was used to top this beauty off.  My friend, who received this one this year, was gifted this Cake in 2016


I am so pleased with this design and can honestly say, this is my cake of the moment.  I hope this inspires you too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...